Head of Department
Martin Svensson has left CP3-Origins - This page is kept here for historical reference.
Phone: (+45) 6550 2389
Email: svensson @ cp3.sdu.dk
- 2004: Doctor of Philosophy, Mathematics, Lund University, Sweden. Advisor: Dr Sigmundur Gudmundsson.
- 2002: Licentiate of Philosophy, Mathematics, Lund University, Sweden. Advisor: Dr Sigmundur Gudmundsson.
- 2006-present: Associate professor in mathematics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- 2005-2006: Postdoctoral research fellow in mathematics, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
- 2004-2005: Lecturer in mathematics, Lund University, Sweden.
- 1999-2004: Research student in mathematics, Lund University, Sweden.
My research interests are in differential geometry, in particular harmonic maps, harmonic morphisms, solitons and integrable systems. Harmonic maps are solutions to an equation arising as the Euler-Lagrange equation of a natural “energy” functional. In favourable geometries this equation constitutes an integrable system, and solutions may be found with complex analytic methods. To improve the stability properties, one may consider various modifications of the energy functional such as the Faddeev-Hopf functional or its generalizations