Martin S. Sloth
Phone: (+45) 6550 2307
Email: sloth @ cp3.dias.sdu.dk
- 2003. Fil. Dr., University of Helsinki. Cosmology as a window to physics beyond Einstein gravity Advisor: Kari Enqvist.
- 2000. Cand. Scient. (Master), the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen. String theory and extra dimensions. Advisors: Paolo Di Vecchia and Poul Olesen.
- 1997. B.Sc. in physics and mathematics, University of Copenhagen. The Feynman path integral in non-relativistic quantum theory. Advisor: Poul Henrik Damgaard.
- January 2012 -. Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, SDU.
- August 2011 - December 2011. Maitre assistant, Theoretical physics division, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009-11. CERN fellow, the theory unit at CERN, Switzerland.
- 2006-09. Research assistant professor, the Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2004-06. Post-doctoral researcher, the Physics Department, University of California, Davis, USA.
- 2003-04. Post-doctoral researcher, the Helsinki Institute of Physics, Finland.
- 2000-03. Research assistant, the Helsinki Institute of Physics and Department of Theoretical Physics at University of Helsinki, Finland.
Short term occupational relations
- Guest researcher at CERN. May-June 2007, June-July 2004, October 2003.
- Official summer student at CERN July-September 1998 working with improving the Monte Carlo simulation of intra-nuclear cascades in the NOMAD experiment.
Prizes and Grants
- 2011, Jr. Group Leader Fellowship grant from the Lundbeck Foundation, DKK 10 mill. (€ 1.3 mill.).
- 2010, Awarded an honorable mention in the 2010 Gravity Research Foundation essay competition.
- 2000, Inter-Nordic Mobility scholarship from NorFA.
Cosmology, astroparticle physics, physics beyond the standard model, quantum field theory, string theory.