Phone: (+45) 6550 2307
Email: sloth @ cp3.dias.sdu.dk
- 2003 Fil. Dr. in Theoretical Physics, University of Helsinki.
- 2000 Cand. Scient. (Master) in Physics, the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.
- 1997 B.Sc. in physics and mathematics, University of Copenhagen.
- 2012 - Present Associate Professor, CP3-Origins, SDU.
- 2011 - 2012 Maitre assistant, Theoretical physics division, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009 - 2011 CERN fellow, the theory unit at CERN, Switzerland.
- 2006 - 2009 Research assistant professor, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2004 - 2006 Post-doctoral researcher, University of California, Davis, USA.
- 2003 - 2004 Post-doctoral researcher, the Helsinki Institute of Physics, Finland.
- 2000 - 2003 Research assistant, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Associated Scientist, CERN
Awards and Grants
- 2011 Jr. Group Leader Fellowship grant from the Lundbeck Foundation, DKK 10 mill. (€ 1.3 mill.).
- 2010 Awarded an honorable mention in the 2010 Gravity Research Foundation essay competition.
- 2009 Awarded CERN theory fellowship.
- 2000 Inter-Nordic Mobility scholarship from NorFA.
- 1998 Selected as official summer student at CERN
Academic Commissions of Trust
- Head of Ph.D. program in physics
- Member of the NORDITA gravity and cosmology post-doc selection committee
- Reviewer Erwin Schroedinger-Fellowships,the Austrian national science foundation (2015)
- Reviewer for Vidi-research proposals, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientic Research (Dutch Science Council) (2012)
- Reviewer for University Research Fellowships, The Royal Society in UK (2011)
- Acting referee for JHEP (Journal of High Energy Physics), JCAP (Journal of Cosmology and Astro-particle Physics), PRD (Physical Review D), PRL (Physical Review Letters), Classical and Quantum Gravity, Astroparticle Physics, and MNRAS (Monthly News of Royal Astronomical Society).
Courses and students
See expanded CV
Cosmology, astroparticle physics, physics beyond the standard model, quantum field theory, string theory.