Email: ravndal @ cp3.sdu.dk
- 1968: Dr. ing. NTH, Trondheim
- 1968-1971: Graduate studies in high energy physics, Caltech, Pasadena.
- 1971: PhD Caltech.
- 1971-1974: Post.doc, Caltech.
- 1974-1976: Senior research fellow, Nordita, Copenhagen.
- 1976 -: Professor in theoretical physics, University of Oslo.
- 1987-88: Visiting professor at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- 1998-99:Visiting professor at University of Washington, Seattle.
- 2002-05: NorFa visiting professor at University of Helsinki 2002-2005.
- 2007-08: Visiting professor at University of Florida, Miami.
- 1982-96: Member of Norwegian Academy of Sciences, Nordita Board member.
Elementary particle physics, effective field theories and cosmological physics.