Aurora Meroni has left CP3-Origins - This page is kept here for historical reference.
Phone: (+45) 6550 8202
Email: meroni @ cp3.sdu.dk
- October 2014 - present: Post Doc, CP3-Origins
- October 2013 - September 2014: PostDoc (Joint position), Università degli Studi di Roma Tre and Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati
- September 2013: Ph.D. in Astroparticle Physics. SISSA - International School for Advanced Studies - Trieste, Italy
- July 2009: M.Sc. in Physics, Dipartimento di Fisica G. Galilei, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
- September 2006: B.Sc. in Physics, Dipartimento di Fisica G. Galilei, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
My main interest is neutrino physics. Neutrino masses are the first evidence of particle physics beyond the Standard Model pointing to a new physics scale. Furthermore, the pattern of neutrino masses and the lepton mixing parameters, very different from those of the quark sector, has added essential features to the flavour puzzle. There are still unknown parameters of neutrino physics like the absolute values of the masses, the value of the CP phase, the kind of hierarchy (direct or inverse) and above all their nature, Majorana or Dirac. The only feasible experiment that could reveal the massive nature of massive neutrinos is neutrinoless double beta decay.