Phone: (+45) 6550 4521
Email: frandsen @ cp3.sdu.dk
- 2009 PhD in Physics, Niels Bohr Institute
- 2006 Master in Physics, Niels Bohr Institute & UC Santa Barbara
- 2003 Bachelor in Mathematics and Physics, Niels Bohr Institute
- 2012 - present: Associate Professor, CP3-Origins
- 2009 - 2012: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Oxford University
- 2015 - 2017 Tommi Alanne (Villum Blokstipendie)
- 2016 - Martin Rosenlyst Jørgensen
- 2016 - Martin Berg Klenow (joint with C. Hagedorn)
- 2016 - Jonas Petersen
- 2015 - Mette Lindharth Als Kristensen
- 2012 - Karin Dissauer (Main supervisor F. Sannino)
- 2015 - Martin Klenow Berg (Higgs Mechanism and LHC detection)
- 2015 - Henrik Knud Bjørn Siboni (Dark Matter - Direct Detection)
- 2015 - Martin Rosenlyst Jørgensen (Dark Matter - Origin & LHC detection)
- 2015 - Jonas Petersen (Dark Matter - Cluster Collisions)
- 2014- Viktor Bordal Jessen (Dark Matter - LHC detection)
- 2014- Nicky Klindt Vølund (Dark Matter- Cluster Collisions)
- 2014 - Sofie Gregersen (Dark Matter- direct detection)
- 2014 - Kevin Grønbech (Dark Matter- Cluster Collisions)
- 2013 - Mette Lindharth Als Kristensen (Higgs)
- 2013 - Rasmus Rexbye Hansen (General Relativity and inflation)
First year projects
- 2016- The dark side of the Universe (2 groups, 8 students)
- 2016 - Is it Higgs (3 students)
- 2014- Is it Higgs (4 students)
- 2014- The dark side of the Universe (2 groups, 8 students)
- 2013 - Find Higgs (5 students)
- 2016 - Classical Field Theory FY815 (~10 students, joint with M. Lomholt)
- 2015 - First year Classical Mechanics FF502 (~250 students)
- 2015 - Second year Classical Mechanics FY504 (~30 students)
- 2015 - Classical Field Theory FY815 (~10 students, joint with M. Lomholt)
- 2015 - Responsible for 3 day SRP workshop at CP3 (8 high school students)
- 2014 - First year Classical Mechanics FF502 (~250 students)
- 2014 - Second year Classical Mechanics FY504 (~30 students)
- 2014 - Responsible for 3 day SRP workshop at CP3 (8 high school students)
- 2013 - First year Classical Mechanics FF502 (~250 students)
- 2013 - Second year Classical Mechanics FY504 (~30 students)
- 2013 - Responsible for 3 day SRP workshop at CP3 (8 high school students)
- 2012 - Second year Classical Mechanics FY504 (~30 students)
- 2012 - First year Lab exercises FY502 (~250 students)
- 2012 - Nordita Master Class in Physics, Stockholm.
- 2010-2012 Graduate Introduction to Symmetries, Oxford, UK.
Research Grant PI
- Dff starting grant, The Danish Council for Independent Research, 2016-2020, Approx 900.000 euros
- Villum Block stipend, Villum Foundation 2015-2017. 24 post doc monts. Approx 150.000 euros.
- Sapere Aude Research Fellowship, Danish Research agency, 2012-2014. Approx. 100.000 euros.
Personal Fellowships, Honors and Awards
- Elected member of The Young Academy - The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2015.
- Villum Block Stipend, Villum Foundation , 2014.
- Rutherford Fellowship (STFC), UK, 2012
- Sapere Aude Research Fellowship, Danish Research Agency, 2012.
- Individual Post Doc Fellowship, Danish Research Agency, 2012.
- Research Fellow, Mansfield College, Oxford, 2010.
- Lundbeck Foundation Talent Prize, Copenhagen 2010
- Villum Kann Rasmussen Foundation Post Doc Scholarship 2009
- Anglo-Danish Society Award, Danish Embassy London, 2009
- Loerup Honorary Graduate Award, Copenhagen, 2006
- Deans Honours, University of California Santa Barbara 2005.
- Workshop grant for First Danish Astroparticle Physics Meeting, Instrument Center for Danish Astrophysics, 2016, approx. 7.000 euros.
- Cloud Chamber for Inspire-Educate-Innovate, Fabrikant Mads Clausens Fond, 2016, approx. 4.000 euros.
- 2015 - Co-proposer of the EU COST network 'Connecting Insights in Fundamental Physics'
- 2012 - present Member of CoDyCe
- Long-term visitor, Oxford 2012-2014
- ATLAS associated theorist, CERN, 2012-1015
- Referee for EPJ, JCAP, PLB, PRD and CPC journals.
- Organizer of Bright Ideas on Dark Matters, 2014.
- Reviewer for FNRS, funding agency for scientific research in French-speaking Belgium, 2013.
- Member of the Scientific Organizing Committee of Lattice Meets Experiment Workshop, Brookhaven 2013.
- Medlem af faggruppen for fysik under den bibliometriske forskningsindikator, 2013.
- Organizer of Origin of Mass, SDU 2013
Partial List of Scientific Talks and Lectures
- XI Quark Confinement and the Hadron Spectrum, Thessaloniki, Greece, Aug 2016 (Invited talk)
- Goettingen, Germany, July 2016 (Invited Seminar)
- Warsaw Workshop on Non-Standard Dark Matter, Warsaw, June 2016 (Invited Plenary)
- Helsinki, Finland, May 2016 (Invited seminar)
- Compositeness, Dark Matter and the LHC diphoton Excess, CP3-Seminar, DK, April 2016.
- Composite Dynamics: From Lattice to LHC Run II, Mainz, April 2016 (workshop)
- Oslo University, March 2016 (Invited Seminar)
- Lund University, Feb. 2016 (Invited Seminar)
- 24th Nordic Particle Physics Meeting, Spaatind Norway, Jan 2016 (Invited lectures)
- CP3-Louvain, Bruxelles, Nov. 2015 (Invited seminar)
- Corfu Summer Institute, Corfu, Sept. 2015 (Invited workshop talk)
- LHC & Dark Matter Phenomenology, Future of Fundamental Interactions, SDU, Aug 2015.
- WIN2015, Heidelberg, June 2015 (Invited workshop talk)
- Tallinn, Estonia, Mar. 2015 (Invited Seminar)
- DARK MALT, Munich Inst. for Astro- and Particle Physics Feb. 2015. (Invited participant)
- Nordita Winter School, Jan 2015. (Invited lecturer)
- Composite dynamics after run I of the LHC, DESY, Hamburg, Oct 2014 (Invited seminar)
- Composite dynamics for electroweak symmetry breaking and dark matter, Nikhef Amsterdam, Oct 2014 (Invited seminar)
- Status of Dark Matter Searches at LHC, Strategy Workshop on Astroparticle Physics in Switzerland, June 2014. (Invited speaker)
- Dark Mattter Searches and Asymmetric Dark Matter, Nordita, July 2013.
- Phenomenology of Technicolor with a light TC Higgs, Higgs Center, Edinburgh, April 2013.
- Light Techni-Higgs, Durham, Feb. 2013
- Light Techni-Higgs, Oxford, Feb. 2013
- Asymmetric Dark Matter, Dark Attack, July 2012.
- Collider limits on dark matter, Origin of Mass 2012, Nordita Stockholm, June 2012.
- New strong dynamics for EWSB and dark matter, Cambridge, May 2012.
- New paths to particle dark matter, Oxford, March 2012.
- A status of Dark Matter, Niels Bohr Institute, March 2012.
- New Strong Dynamics for EWSB and DM, Liverpool, Nov. 2011.
- Mixed Dark Matter from Technicolour, The Dark Universe, Heidelberg, Oct. 2011.
- Minimal Walking Technicolor - Phenomenology and collider signatures, DBX working group, CERN July 2011.
- Asymmetric DM and DM connection to baryogenesis, CERN July 2011.
- Asymmetric Dark Matter and a DM connection to baryogenesis, Oxford Journal Club, June 2011.
- Asymmetric dark matter, Origin of Mass 2011 SDU, May 2011.
- Asymmetric Dark Matter and the Sun, National Astronomy Meeting, Llandudno, April 2011.
- Asymmetric Dark Matter from Technicolour and new Strong Dynamics, Annecy, November 2010.
- Mixed Dark Matter from Technicolour: Manchester, October 2010.
- Strong Dynamics for Dark Matter and Electroweak Symmetry Breaking, Sussex, October 2010.
- Asymmetric Dark Matter and the Sun, PHYSUN2010, L’Aquila, October 2010.
- Models and Signatures of Dark Matter: Institute of Physics meeting Oxford, September 2010.
- Asymmetric Dark Matter: Universenet Lecce, September 2010
- Delineating the Conformal Window: STRONGBSM-Kickoff Odense, August 2010
- Asymmetric Dark Matter : 6th Patras Workshop, Zurich, July 2010.
- Technicolour Dark Matter: Mini-Workshop on Dynamical Symmetry Breaking models and tools,. Southampton, July 2010
- MWT@LHC: Implementations and Collider Studies of MinimalWalking Technicolour using Monte-Carlo: Tools2010 Southampton, July 2010
- Boosted Objects From the Higgs Sector: Boost2010 Oxford, June 2010.
- A(symmetric) Dark Matter from Technicolour: Particles and Fields Oxford, May 2010.
- Dark matter from Technicolour: University of Cambridge, UK, April 2010
- Technicolour models in MC generators, MC4BSM Copenhagen, April 2010
- Dark Matter from Technicolour Models: Origin of mass Odense, May 2010.
- Bright and Dark Matter from Technicolour: University of Southampton, UK, January 2010.
- Bright and Dark Matter from Technicolour: University of Edinburgh, UK, December 2009
- The Dark Side of the Universe: Winter School on Geometry and Physics, CP3-Origins Odense, November 2009.
- Dark matter from Technicolour Theories: UniverseNet meeting, Barcelona September 2009.
- Technicolour Dark matter: Universe in a Box, Leiden August 2009 (workshop).
- LHC Phenomenology and Dark Matter in Technicolour: Lund University, Sweden, Jan 2009.
- Composite Higgs Phenomenology in Minimal Walking Technicolour: DEWSB, Odense, Denmark, September 2008.
- Template for Minimal Walking Technicolour: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, July 2008.
- Collider Phenomenology of Minimal Walking Technicolour: Nordic Workshop on LHC and Beyond, Stockholm, Sweden, July 2008.
- Collider Phenomenology of Minimal Walking Technicolour: Tools 2008, Munich, Germany, July, 2008
- Collider Phenomenology of Minimal Walking Technicolour: Pheno 08, Madison, US, April 2008.
- Non-linear Sigma models and dynamical electroweak symmetry breaking: 1st Odense Winter School on geometry and Physics, Odense, Denmark, January 2008.
- Minimal Walking Technicolour: SUSY07 Karlsruhe, Germany, July, 2007.
- Planar Equivalence and High Density QCD: Frontiers in theoretical Particle Physics, Copenhagen, August, 2006.
- Higher Representations and the Corrigan-Ramond Large-N: ECT* Trento, March 2006.
In the media
Partial list of Outreach Activities
- UNF lecture, Odense, May 2015
- Folkeuniversitetet lecture, Odense, May 2015
- Nyborg High school lecture, Nyborg, April 2015 (Organizer)
- Inspire-Educate-Innovate, Gravity waves, march 2016
- Science in the City, Odense, March 2016.
- Universets Mørke Mysterier, Naturama, Svendborg, Feb. 2016
- Fysikdag, SDU, Nov. 2015 (Organizer)
- The Last Commander of the Space Shuttle, SDU, Oct. 2015 (Organizer)
- Den Staerke kernekraft, Folkeuniveristetslecture, AU, march 2015.
- Discoveries and reality, guest lecture in 'videnskabsteori', SDU, march 2015.
- Tro og Videnskab, with L.M. Ranum, Seden Sognegaard, march 2015.
- Den Staerke kernekraft, Folkeuniveristetslecture, KU, march 2015.
- Den Staerke kernekraft, Folkeuniveristetslecture, Orion Planetarium, march 2015
- Origin of Matter, DIAS lecture, SDU, february 2015.
- Origin of Matter, Nyborg high school lecture, SDU, february 2015.
- SRP project workshop, 7 high-school students, CP3, december 2014.
- Ideer til fysikundervisningen lecture, science day for high school teachers, SDU, december 2014.
- High-school praktikanter lecture, SDU, december 2014.
- Big Bang og mørkt stof, UNF lecture, may 2014.
- High school lecturer for 'det rullende Universitet' since 2013
- Organizer of tutoring of high school students for 'Studieretningsprojekt' since 2013
- Lecture on high energy physics at workshop for high school teachers at Odense Katedralskole, Sept. 2013
- Lecture for high school students Akademiet for talentfulde unge, march 2013.
- CP3-genius lecture for high school students from Slagelse Gymnasium, 2013
- Lecture on high energy physics for high school teachers at SDU, Jan 2013
Beyond Standard Model physics, Dark Matter, Strong Dynamics, Technicolor