Paul Hoyer has left CP3-Origins - This page is kept here for historical reference.
Email: hoyer @ cp3.sdu.dk
- MSc, 1968, In theoretical physics at Helsinki University.
- Licentiate (Fil. lis.), 1972, Helsinki University.
- PhD. 1973. Helsinki University.
- 1969 - 71 Research associate, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1971 - 73 Research associate, Oxford University, England.
- 1973 (5mo) Research associate, Helsinki University, Finland.
- 1973 - 75 Research associate, SUNY at Stony Brook, USA.
- 1975 - 75 Research associate, Lawrence Berkeley Lab., USA.
- 1977 - 81 Assistant Professor, Nordita, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1981 - present Professor, Helsinki University
- 1994 - 2002 and 2004 - 06 Director, Nordita, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2002 - present Adjoint scientist, Helsinki Institute of Physics
Boards and Committees
- 1981 - 91 Chair, Dept. of High Energy Physics, Helsinki University
- 1982 - 91 Board member, Research Institute for Theoretical Physics, Helsinki University (Chair in 1985 – 88)
- 1989 - 95 Board member, Finnish Physical Society (Vice Chair 1991 – 93, Chair 1993 – 95)
- 1990 - 93 Chair, Nordita Committee for High Energy Physics
- 1993 - 94 Board member, Nordita
- 1999 High Energy Physics Prize Committee of the European Physical Society
- 1997 - 03 Board member, SARC Foundation, Copenhagen
- 1998 -05 Grant committee of Magnus Ehrnrooth Foundation (Chair, 2002 – 05)
- 2003 - 06 Member of the Executive Committee, European Physical Society (EPS)
- 2004 - 08 Board Member, European Centre for Theoretical Studies in Nuclear Physics and Related Areas (ECT*, Trento) (Chair 2006-08)
- 2007 - Member of Executive group, the Finnish Graduate School in Particle and Nuclear Physics (GRASPANP)
- 2007 - 08 Member of Management Board, EU project HadronPhysics I3
- 2007 - Member of Steering Committee, EU proposal HadronPhysics2 I3
- 2009 - Member, PANDA Experiment Theory Advisory Group
- 1999 Order of the White Rose of Finland, I Class
- 2002 E.J. Nyström Prize of the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters.
- Hard QCD Dynamics
- QCD Bound States