Winter School 2012
5th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics
When: Monday, October 8 to Friday, October 12, 2012.
This is the fifth in a series of winter schools with the purpose of providing talented graduate students and postdocs the latest advancements in Theoretical Physics. The previous winter school was in December 2011.
The school is also part of a series of autumn schools co-organized by CP3-Origins, DESY, and the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, following the Autumn School in Hamburg last year. It is also the first organized in collaboration with the Dark and Bright Origins Nordic Network of Excellence constituted by CP3-Origins, CoE-DMAPC (Estonia) and Oskar Klein Centre (Sweden).
There will be lectures and discussions on the Standard Model, Higgs physics, conformal theories, cosmic rays, dark matter, Technicolor, and Supergravity.
This Winter School will take place in Odense at CP³-Origins, SDU.
- September 20, 2012: Dead-line for booking accommodation at reduced prices.
- September 20, 2012: Dead-line for registering at the winter school.
- October 8-12, 2012: Winter School 2012.
- Roshan Foadi (CP3, Université Catholique de Louvain)
- Alex Kehagias (National Technical University of Athens)
- David Langlois (APC Paris)
- Thomas Ryttov (Jefferson Physical Laboratory, Harvard University)
- Pasquale Serpico (Annecy Le Vieux Theoretical Physics Laboratory)
- Peter Tinyakov (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Lars Bergström (Oskar Klein Centre)
- Laura Covi (Göttingen)
- Mads T. Frandsen (CP3-Origins)
- Chris Kouvaris (CP3-Origins)
- Martti Raidal (NICPB, Estonia)
- Francesco Sannino (CP3-Origins)
Funding for students
Travel and lodging funds will be available for up to five participating students. To apply, send your details and a recommendation letter from your Master or PhD advisor to Chris Kouvaris (CP3-Origins). For more information, you are also welcome to contact Chris Kouvaris (CP3-Origins).
There are direct trains from the Copenhagen Airport to Odense Train Station. You can also stop first at the train station in Copenhagen and then take the first train to Odense. With the fast train the ride is about 80 minutes. From the railway station you can either take a taxi (about 100 DKK or 15 €) or take bus number 41 or 42 labelled Universitetet that drives directly to the university.
Accommodation is the participants’ own responsibility. See the accommodation page for more information.
Next Winter School
The 6th Winter School on Theoretical Physics will be held November 11-15, 2013. In connection with the school, CP3-Origins is organizing a Paul Hoyer Fest and a Dark Matter Workshop.
Previous Winter Schools
The winter school was previously called The Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics and has been held the last four years:
- 1st Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (January 2008)
- 2nd Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2009)
- 3nd Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2010)
- 4th Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (December 2011)
Futhermore, last year CP3-Origins, DESY, and Georg-August-Universität Göttingen co-organised an autumn school:
- 1st Autumn School on Particle Physics and Cosmology (October 2011)