When: Thursday, November 26 to Friday, November 27, 2009
This is the second in a series of schools whose purpose is to endow the new generation of mathematicians and physicists with a common language. We wish to bring together scientists working at the frontier between Geometry and Theoretical Physics able to bridge the gap between mathematics and theoretical physics while stimulating further progress.
- Luigi del Debbio (Edinburgh) & Claudio Pica (Edinburgh): Discovering Conformal Field Theories on Supercomputers
- George Papadopoulos (King’s London): Geometry and Supersymmetry
- Nigel Hitchin (Oxford): 1. The geometry of B-fields, and 2. Generalized tangent bundles
- Thomas Ryttov (Stony Brook) and Francesco Sannino (Southern Denmark): The Power of Duality
- Mads T. Frandsen (Oxford): The Dark Side of the Universe
- Andrew Swann (Southern Denmark): Geometric Duality
- Francesco Sannino
- Martin Svensson
- Andrew Swann
- Dennis D. Dietrich
For more information click here.
Slides from the talk by del Debbio.
Slides from the talk by Sannino.
Slides from both talks by Papadopoulos.
Slides from the talk by Pica.
Slides from the talk by Ryttov.
Slides from the talk by Swann.