Newsletter June 2010
The CP3-newsletters summarize the centre’s activities and accomplishments over a period of typically three months.
The previous newsletter is from March 2010. More information can be found on our webpage cp3-origins.dk.
Outreach & Prizes
- CP3 Black Book. The first CP3 Black Book was released in April.
- High School Tour: Angels & Demons. CP3-Origins presented the science behind the movie Angels & Demons at five high schools from March to May.
- Lecture Night: Angels & Demons. Francesco Sannino also presented the science behind the movie at Naturvidenskabeligt Selskab på Fyn in April.
- Oticon Scholarhip. Jakob Jark Jørgensen was awarded the Oticon Scholarship in June.
- The SDU Theory Group was launched at the end of June.
- Paul Hoyer visited CP3-Origins for five months from January until May. Hoyer is from Helsinki University and is mainly interested in hard QCD Dynamics and QCD Bound States.
- Stanley J. Brodsky visited CP3-Origins for 3½ months from March through June, with support from the Hans Christian Andersen Academy. Brodsky is on the theory faculty of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Stanford University, and is interested in virtually all areas of QCD physics, including AdS/QCD, Light-Front Holography, QCD Condensates, and Novel Features of Hadron Dynamics.
- A list of short time guests can be found here.
People at CP3-Origins
- Asger Tobiesen, Helene Gertov, and Kasper Langæble all joined the CP3-Origins Genius Program in March.
- Anna Beata Lukawska joined CP3-Origins as a bachelor student in June.
- Ulrik I Uggerhøj became a supporting scientist in June.
Events at CP3-Origins
- MASS 2010. In the beginning of May, CP3-Origins hosted a conference on the Origin of Mass.
- In the last three months, we have had 12 CP3-Lectures with guest visits from many prominent researchers; we have had 10 Journal Club meetings. Most of these meetings have been recorded and can be seen on our web page.
A list of all events taking place at CP3-Origins can be found here.
- STRONGBSM Kickoff. In the middle of August CP3-Origins will be hosting the kickoff meeting for the STRONGBSM network.
- 3rd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics. In the beginning of November, CP3-Origins will be hosting a winter school co-sponsored by GEOMAPS.
Since the last newsletter, researchers at CP3-Origins have published 21 preprints. A list of all our preprints can be found here.
If you are interested in receiving our CP3-Origins Newsletters automatically, please send an email to cp3 @ cp3.sdu.dk.